Any one help me to create a chat box (HTML/JS)for my site. Many web sites provide the chat box which referring their site. I don't want that kind of chat box. I need a complete code for chat with all functions. If i get the code to login with nick name,then that is well enough.

I have Ajax chat box code..it has many files.. I don't know how to integrate all those files. I've created the site thru blogger. So,i need a code in HTML/JS so that i can simply copy and paste in my site. Any help?? Thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

You will not be able to just copy and paste. You will need a serverside language like PHP or ASP.Net as well in order to hold the chat sessions.

I would advise you to hire someone as this is not a simple task to do properly.

I need the chatbox like the common window ,users can join a chat room by giving a nickname & the messages can be displayed by all the users.Is this also a complex one? Can't we do this by javascript?

You will not be able to just copy and paste. You will need a serverside language like PHP or ASP.Net as well in order to hold the chat sessions.

I would advise you to hire someone as this is not a simple task to do properly.

depends, do users need to be registered? if yes, use AJAX to connect to the database (you probably need to do that in the chat box function itself as well, right?)
And put the username in a JScript variable.

If you found some code for chatboxes, you should see if there isn't a hand-guide for how to integrate it. I suppose it would do to include one file (and *index.xxx* file maybe?)

If you can't figure it out, i'd recommand just writing out a simple chat function yourself, copy+past isn't nearly as educative as doing it yourself is.

Hi,This is my first design. I'm doing thru blogger. As per my knowledge there is a only option the inbuilt widget to incorporate the html/js into the template.This accepts JS or html code so that we can design of our own. I could find in the ajax chat box, there we should include the things in file format; not the code. I also don't know how to add the .exe file to display the chat box. Thats why i asked for the integrated code.Thanks!!!!

You can not write a chat application by just using client side JavaScript. You need to also use a server side technology like PHP or .Net. I have written them a few times now. I have and example of one that I threw together in a weekend at: http://www.webcytedesign.com/

This particular one does not use a database, instead it uses the application object in ASP.Net.

Hi stbuchok,me too want the same as one in the www.webcytedesign.com. Could u share the code?

You can not write a chat application by just using client side JavaScript. You need to also use a server side technology like PHP or .Net. I have written them a few times now. I have and example of one that I threw together in a weekend at: http://www.webcytedesign.com/

This particular one does not use a database, instead it uses the application object in ASP.Net.

any one know how to do in php

I can post the zip file later tonight (if I remember). There is no warranty for the code and you use it at your own risk. I am also not going to help with setting it up unless you feel like paying me. My fee is $50/hour

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.