Hello guyz.. Now am currently doing a SMS portal site . I have 2 frames like ,
<frameset rows"" cols"">

<frame src"page1.php">Page1</frame> // Navigation
<frame src"page2.php">Page2</frame> // Main Content

</frameset>

Navigation : Static
main Content : Dynamic || By this case when user press F5 the Main content frame goes to page2.php from current page . In this case there will be lot of data was missing on the current page and the user again want to go to his page.

Could anyone please tell me wat is the code for stay in current page when page refresh's

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

why do you use framesets?

I want to load only the particular form not the whole page when for submit's . thats why am using framesets . For example google, When googling ,Only the main content will be change , But the top menu and the left menu will be static.

you can't control what frame to load when you press F5, it will reloads the whole page. Maybe you could use querystring as and identifier...

http://www.yoursite.com/main.php?page=2

I hope the querystring page will would lead you to your answer, if you are confused let me know.

Hi jcarbillon , Thank you fr ur rly, i understand what you are saying,, Now i decided to clear all frames and just using normal divs and use include(); Thank you for TC abt this.

Member Avatar for diafol

You're better to use ajax (try jQuery) IMO. This will allow you to overwrite/change parts of the page without affecting the whole lot. I try to avoid frames wherever possible.

Thank You ardav..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.