Ok i dont know if im posting this on the right thread, but i assumed PHP can do this. I need to optimize my website for mobile phones. The saddest thing is my web host does not support .htaccess, when i contacted them, they asked me convert the rules to web.config (of which i dont know how to do) they went on to say even so, not all rules will successfully be converted. So im truly stuck. I have approximately 3 days to convert my website (which is my final year project) to mobile. Anyone please assist?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You don't need php for this. Use media queries and responsive design. This way you don't end up creating a separate mobile site. A grid design is useful for this e.g. 960gs.

You don't need php for this. Use media queries and responsive design. This way you don't end up creating a separate mobile site. A grid design is useful for this e.g. 960gs.

dont you have a link where i can find a detailed tutorial on how to do this?

Member Avatar for diafol

Google 'responsive design media query'...

Google 'responsive design media query'...

What i can suggest you is this

all you need to do is add media query which you already know but i can share a link which i have got when i was in the same problem

An Example of the site is..

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/bobleah/entry/code_example_of_responsive_web_design_using_css3_media_queries13?lang=en

just go through this page and i am sure you will understand the remaining...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.