i having problem and stucked with retrieving like lastnametname. and i am stucked with how do i check if admin=1 will redirect to admin.php if admin=0 will redirect to welcome.php instead.

this is the part of my login process script

$q = "SELECT * FROM members2 WHERE (email='$e' AND password='$p')";	
		$q2 = "SELECT admin FROM members2 WHERE (admin='1')";	

$r = mysqli_query ($dbc, $q);

if (mysqli_num_rows($r) == 1)   { // A match was made.		
		// Get the data:
		//header('Location: welcome.php');

$welcomepage = "welcome.php";

echo '<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">window.location.href="'.$welcomepage.'";</script>';

$row = mysqli_fetch_array ($r, MYSQLI_NUM); 
	         $lastname = $row['lastname'];
		$_SESSION['lastname'] = $lastname;

$_SESSION['email'] = $_POST['email'];

}

Firstly your queries don't make sense, because your selecting an admin where there is admin, surely you want to test to see if the user who has just logged in is admin or not. Secondly you need to get the details of the user currently logged in, which you are doing, then admin should be in the information from that result.

Then you would want to use an IF statement to see if admin is '1', if that is the case then use a redirect to the admin page. ELSE redirect to the welcome page

This is the basic idea, not the actual code.

$queryGetUser = "SELECT * FROM usertable WHERE email = '$email' AND password = '$password' " ;

$queryGetUser = mysql_query ( $queryGetUser ) ;

$queryGetUser = mysql_fetch_assoc($queryGetUser)

if ( $userInformation )
{
    if ( $userInformation['admin'] )
    {
        // redirect to admin page;
    }

else
    {
        // redirect to welcome page;
    }

}

else
{
    // redirect to login page;
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.