I'd like to start by thanking whoever reads this for their help.

I've been trying to learn Test Driven Development (TDD) in a php environment. I've read a lot about it and stumbled upon both PHPUnit and simpletest. I've spent the past 8 hours searching the internet for tutorials and walkthroughs on how to set either one up and I've been unsuccessful.

[My Environment]
I'm running aptana(standalone) on Windows 7 and that's where I develop my pages, but my php is served off of a separate ubuntu server that I administer myself.

[Where I've looked]
1.I've referred to the PHPUnit manual and the pear manual for setup. I got nothing but errors even when I configured my php.ini files.
2. I've done a search for how to install the eclipse plugin, but tutorials were far and few and I'm still really confused as to what to do.

I'd really like to get started on making a test so that I can start developing, but I haven't been able to get any system up and running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can give you any information that you may need to assist me.

Thank You

I managed to find a tutorial that I can follow for simpletest.

This is the link. If you know a little bit about php then it's a fairly good tutorial.

It turns out that the install for simpletest can be done one of two ways. One of them is to create folder for it in your site root and use it from there (good for people who don't have access to the server configurations).

The other is to include it from the server. The link above goes into detail on the first method.

Thanks for you help.

commented: Thanks for sharing. +14
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.