While displaying the data from the database on a text box, I can access only the first part of the name. For example, if the name is 'Five Star', only the name 'Five' is displayed. Can you help in this? I'm just a beginner.
This is the code i've used echo "<tr><td>Reg.No.:</td><td width='200'><input type='text' name='reg' value=".$row[RegNo]."></td></tr>";

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Persi
Featured Replies
  • Hello, please check below code: <?php $reg=$row[RegNo]; echo "<tr><td>Reg.No.:</td><td width='200'><input type='text' name='reg' value='$reg'></td></tr>"; ?> Read More

If the value attribute is used without quotes, then the space (after Five in your case) will be assumed as the separator for the next attribute. [CODE=html] <!-- this was your output --> <input type='text' name='reg' value=Five Stars /> <!-- this is what it should be (as amitengg showed) --> … Read More

diafol 3,720   5 Years Ago

Are you using php to output the whole html? either [CODE]<input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo $row['name']; ?>"><br/>[/CODE] OR [CODE]echo "<input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" value=\"{$row['name']}\"><br/>";[/CODE] Read More

Names need to be single words. No spaces. When you say 'name', I'm assuming you mean the name attribute. If not, what do you mean?

Edited by diafol: n/a

Hello,
please check below code:

<?php
$reg=$row[RegNo];

echo "<tr><td>Reg.No.:</td><td width='200'><input type='text' name='reg' value='$reg'></td></tr>";
?>

If the value attribute is used without quotes, then the space (after Five in your case) will be assumed as the separator for the next attribute.

<!-- this was your output -->
<input type='text' name='reg' value=Five Stars />

<!-- this is what it should be (as amitengg showed) -->
<input type='text' name='reg' value='Five Stars' />

Edited by pritaeas: n/a

Votes + Comments
Ah! Now I get it. Yes, agree.

How does the text look like in the database? Five Star? or Five_Star?

It is Five Star. Din't use any underscore.

Names need to be single words. No spaces. When you say 'name', I'm assuming you mean the name attribute. If not, what do you mean?

Why can't I use two words? Is there any way I can do this?
<input type="text" name="name" value=<?php echo $name; ?>><br/> hear it is the php code but i can't access full name it only print the first part of the name can u help me pls? but i can access full name from $name in outside the input label

Edited by Persi: n/a

Sorry I misread your first post. Your value attribute can pretty much be anything

If the value attribute is used without quotes, then the space (after Five in your case) will be assumed as the separator for the next attribute.

<!-- this was your output -->
<input type='text' name='reg' value=Five Stars />

<!-- this is what it should be (as amitengg showed) -->
<input type='text' name='reg' value='Five Stars' />

I've used quotes for the value attribute. But it is the same.

You haven't added the quotes yet:

<input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo $name; ?>"><br/>

Student Name:<input type='text' name='name' value=".$row.">"

$name = end(explode(" ", $row['name']));  // Star
$name = explode(" ", $row['name']));  // Five

Are you using php to output the whole html?

either

<input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo $row['name']; ?>"><br/>

OR

echo "<input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" value=\"{$row['name']}\"><br/>";

Post full code or a block of your code that contains the above line.

echo "<tr><td>Student Name:</td><td width='200'><input type='text' name='name' value=".$row."></td></tr>";

echo "<tr><td>Student Name:</td><td width='200'><input type='text' name='name' value=".$row."></td></tr>";

Thank u so much everyone. I got the solution.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.