This is the beginnings of a login script that I've been working on, and I can't seem to figure out why I have this error. The error is said to be on line 10. Any help would be appreciated. I've changed the info in the variables used for connection just for security reasons. Thanks!

<?php
session_start();
/* Database config */

$db_host = //host;
$db_user = //username;
$db_pass = //password;
$db_database = //database; 

$link = mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pass);
mysql_select_db($db_database, $link);

$username = $_REQUEST['username'];
$password = $_REQUEST['password'];

$data =  mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $tbl_name  WHERE username=$msuser AND password=$mspass");
$count = mysql_num_rows($data);

$username = $_SESSION['username'];
$password = $_SESSION['password'];

?>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

what's the error say?

what's the error say?

Here's what it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/a1142446/public_html/php/login_process.php on line 10

$db_host = //host;
$db_user = //username;
$db_pass = //password;

just to double check you got values instead of //host, and if so you have closed all your apostrophes and speech marks?

$db_host = //host;
$db_user = //username;
$db_pass = //password;

just to double check you got values instead of //host, and if so you have closed all your apostrophes and speech marks?

Yeah, there are actuall pieces of information in place of the comments, and I've made sure that everything is closed

Member Avatar for diafol

It all points to a mistake in the area Pritaeas suggests. The $link statement looks ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.