22 aaa 1
22 bbb 1
23 ccc 3
23 ddd 4
24 fff 5

subname::

task_id task my_id
24 fff 1

now my id is 1. I want to show all data from name table except 1 which is present in subname table.any help

Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

Hi,

If the id is coming from auto increment, then it would be difficult to guess which is which. I know it is easy if you are looking at it, but programatically it will be difficult for the script. I mean you can do >22, but that is not …

Jump to Post
SELECT * FROM name WHERE task_my_id NOT IN (SELECT task_my_id FROM subname)
Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

Hi,

If the id is coming from auto increment, then it would be difficult to guess which is which. I know it is easy if you are looking at it, but programatically it will be difficult for the script. I mean you can do >22, but that is not the proper way.

You will have to add another column on your table to serve as switch. For example, we can add a column named "status" and this column can have a value of either true or false. This way you can set it to false whenever it is needed using the "task" as parameter. We can filter your data like SELECT * FROM 'table' WHERE status = 'true'. Not only that, we can also set the status to true and false whenever it is needed.

sorry i did not posted some information.

My question is according to this table.

1. name

Task_id Member_id Active

1 22 1

2 22 0

3 21 1

4 23 1

5 24 1
here 1 means active and o means not active

now second table
subname:

Task_is member_id
3 22

5 22

Now i want to filter data like this

22 already done some task which are shown in table 2 (subname).
I do not want to show data for 22 member id, which is already done and store in table 2. and other condition those data also which shown in table 1 on the name of 22.

so means my answer would be

task id member id
4 23
I think you got this better now. is there any query for this.

Thanks in advance....

SELECT name.task_id, name.member_id FROM name, subname WHERE name.member_id != subname.member_id

This will get you
3 21 1

4 23 1

5 24 1

I am not sure of what your other condition means. could you clarify your second condition more?

SELECT name.task_id, name.member_id FROM name, subname WHERE name.member_id != subname.member_id

This will get you
3 21 1

4 23 1

5 24 1

I am not sure of what your other condition means. could you clarify your second condition more?

MY member_is is 22. so in name i posted some task. Those wont show me and what ever task present in subname table related to member id 22 that also i want to filter.

so how can filter these data.

so result would be job id 4 memberis will be 23

i got the answer

select * from (select * from name where (member_id!=22 and act!=0)) where task_id NOT IN (SELECT task_id FROM subname where member_id=22)

thanks every one!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.