Hi.I didnt find wordpress section so I am posting my question here .
i am creating a new "Bookings" custom post type in wordpress . And I already have a table in Mysql database set up where I am filling date from ,date to and the room name . My problem is that I want to have an option from the admin pannel to add new book to edit existing books etc etc. .But i dont know where(where to write php code for this) to start interacting with mysql to display that results in the admin panel .

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hi.I didnt find wordpress section so I am posting my question here .
i am creating a new "Bookings" custom post type in wordpress . And I already have a table in Mysql database set up where I am filling date from ,date to and the room name . My problem is that I want to have an option from the admin pannel to add new book to edit existing books etc etc. .But i dont know where(where to write php code for this) to start interacting with mysql to display that results in the admin panel.

The correct solution is here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/new-wordpress-custom-post-type-interacting-with-database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.