Hallo!

I would like to create a script to search a MySQL table (data). The table has two columns (ID & PRICE). Search must be done by ID and Price has to be displayed in the page, any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I've tried to modify this script but i failed .. I will be grateful if can help me!

Recommended Answers

What exactly do you need help with?

Jump to Post

If you have specific questions about parts of that script, paste code snippets and your questions.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

What exactly do you need help with?

I need help with editing that script . i dont have idea of mysql so i try here

If you have specific questions about parts of that script, paste code snippets and your questions.

I use this code to search my DB. When the search field is submitted you are directed to mydomain.com/search.php?search=search_term. I then get the search term using $_GET['search'] and query my SQL database using:

id like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR server_name like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR ip like '%".$txtsearch."%' or administrator like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR url like '%".$txtsearch."%'

Here's the search function in full (excluding how I display my results).

$txtsearch="";
            if (isset($_GET["btnsearch"])=="Search") 
            {
                        $txtsearch=$_GET['search'];
                        $count_query="SELECT * FROM servers WHERE active = '1' AND enabled = '1' AND ( id like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR server_name like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR ip like '%".$txtsearch."%' or administrator like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR url like '%".$txtsearch."%' ) ORDER BY vote_count DESC; ";

$select_query=" SELECT * FROM servers WHERE active = '1' AND enabled = '1' AND ( id like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR server_name like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR ip like '%".$txtsearch."%' or administrator like '%".$txtsearch."%' OR url like '%".$txtsearch."%' )  ORDER BY vote_count DESC
                                limit $eu, $limit ";
            }

I tryed to do it myself with your example and with my knowledge and that is. If i miss something or something is wrong..

<?php
    $con = mysqli_connect('host','username', 'password') or die(mysqli_error($con));
    mysqli_select_db($con, 'database') or die(mysqli_error($con));

#query database
    $query = mysqli_query($con, "SELECT id,price FROM data ORDER BY id");

#check for a result set
    if($query && mysqli_num_rows($query) > 0)
    {
        while($res = mysqli_fetch_assoc($query)) 
        {
            echo "{$res['id']}:The price is {$res['price']},<br />";
        }
    }
    else #if no result set, then output a message
    {
        echo 'No results.';
    }
    ?>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.