Dear Everyone!

I am building a website which shows in many gas stations the current price. Well, I am stuck a bit, because there are many gas stations around my country, and it wouldn't be a bright activity to keep them freshly every single day. Is there any trick or tip that I can copy the prices from another website which has the prices, or from the filling station's website itself, or anything else?

Thanks in advance,

Tibor

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Maybe some of these gas companies have a feed of some sort that you can process to display information about their prices and locations.

It would be ideal if the companies had an webservice that returned the prices, but I don't think they'll have it.

Another way, if you have the site that shows the info, is to load the HTML from the site and then parse it to find the info you want.
The bad thing about this is that each time they change their sites you'll have to change your parser.

Thanks I'll think on it a bit more.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.