I have a servlet in java.

My servlet URL is Click Here

This URL is giving json data.

I am using a jquery ajax call to get the data.

MyCode

function SecondResultLink(link, userId, userInput) {
try{
    var urlSearch = "http://192.168.10.113:8080/collective-intellegence/UserClickLinkClassifier?userid=" + userId + "&query=" + userInput;
    $.ajax({
        url: urlSearch,
        type: 'POST',
        dataType: 'json',
        async: false,
        success: function (data) {
            if (data.length != 0) {
                for (index = 0; index < data.length; index++) {
                    if (!link.exist(data[index].Link.name.toLowerCase(), data[index].Score)) {
                        link.add(data[index].Link.name.toLowerCase(), data[index].Score);
                    }
                }
            }
        },
        error: function (error) {
            alert(error.error);
        }
    });
}
catch (err) {
    alert(err);
}
}

the above code is giving 45 records in Chrome,Firefox and Safari but giving 25 records in Opera and giving error message in IE.

Error Message in IE function(){if(c){var a=c.length;m(arguments),i? k=c.length:e&&e!==!0&&(j=a,n(e[0],e[1]))} return this}

In all browser except IE request is going to server, but in IE not request is going to the server.

This is not a cross domain problem because i allowed all to access the server(*seen in the header that Access-Control-Allow-Origin: ** )

What is problem with IE? how to solve this issue or any other approach to get the data.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for stbuchok

Can't help as the URL you gave doesn't work. What is the error message you are being given. Have you stepped through the JavaScript to see what is happening? Use the Web Developer Toolbar in IE.

The link you provided is pointing to 192.168.10.113. That IP address falls within a private network, not accessible from the Internet.

yes that is a local hosted URL.
That URL is giving a json data.

Error Message in the ajax error message is
function(){if(c){var a=c.length;m(arguments),i? k=c.length:e&&e!==!0&&(j=a,n(e[0],e[1]))} return this}

The URL is sending json like this.
I have attached a image where the json data is showing.

As i mentioned that this is working in all browsers except IE.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.