Hello guys,
Am new to php with Ci... am trying to display a gridview in a form so as to extract data frm db & display the value.. .Any help?

Recommended Answers

@shakayu

Am new to php with Ci... am trying to display a gridview in a form so as to extract data frm db & display the value.. .Any help?

What kind of gridview? You should know that there's a few gridview that can work on CI.

Jump to Post

Hi,

Like any other responses I've posted for all framework based questions..e.g. cake, CI, Zend, symfony, and others.. All of these frameworks shares a pretty similar coding convention. So, for the Code Igniter, the syntax will be as simple as this

General syntax for the CI database library

$your_query = …
Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

Hi,

Like any other responses I've posted for all framework based questions..e.g. cake, CI, Zend, symfony, and others.. All of these frameworks shares a pretty similar coding convention. So, for the Code Igniter, the syntax will be as simple as this

General syntax for the CI database library

$your_query = "SELECT * FROM everywhere WHERE something = '$something'";
## use the CI query method
$this_query = $this->db->query($your_query);

Now, you decide what are you going to do with the query result.. example one

## put them in some row variable and echo them
foreach ($this_query->result() as $row)
{
   echo $row->col1;
   echo $row->col2;
   echo $row->col3;
}

example two, Send the result to the template engine e.g. smarty, twig, dwoo, tinybutstrong. It does not matter, they are all the same in nature.

## this query result is a CI built in method included in the library and it will return an array  if not false
## using the same query above send the result to the template engine

$smarty->assign('data_from_db',$this_query->result());

If you are new to CI and PHP, I strongly suggest for you to learn the ins and outs of the OOP . Otherwise, I don't see any reason to rush in using a framework at this level. It is not that hard, it just requires patience. I mean lots and lots of them...

Update! Here is a nice tutorial on building grids with jquery. The concept is the same as I have already mentioned above, with the exception of extending the pre-existing classess.

commented: Nice example & tutorial! +9

I have to display the values from that particular table..so wat you suggest me to do ?

Thanks Veedeoo.
I will try this & let you knw :)

try Updating each row, Deleting, And Creating

Hello, if i want to use ajax calls+ Jquery, then :s

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.