Hi guys,

Need an effective suggestions on how to deal with this situation.
Im working with php and mysql.

Now the system i am creating needs to send emaill notification once a year.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

How do you plan on the system working? Are you going to build a web application where you can initiate the emailing process? Do you need to send emails out on a specific day on e a year or do you mean that will send out emails regularly but your target users will only receive an email once per year?

send out emails regularly but your target users will only receive an email once per year?

What i mean is a scenario where you have say a membership program that users are required to renew once per year. Not all users expire on the same day.

yes, i already did it.

Member Avatar for diafol

I'd probably use a cron job. A cron job (unix systems) will run a php script at a certain time every day, if you set it up that way.

The script can search the DB for renewal dates, extract the relevant ones and fire off an email to them - all automatically - you don't have to do a thing.

I suggest running the cron at your quietest period for traffic. Check your stats to see when this is.

thanks every one =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.