Is it posible to preload video for the user but so that he would not be able to see it?

I mean I want to preload video - its for a gaming. And then when the time comes to play the video, send some key to decrypt and he could watch. That way user would not need to wait till the vidoe downloads when he can already watch it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

looks lot of work to understand and implement. But thanks.

looks lot of work to understand and implement. But thanks.

That should be the least of your worries; Its nonstandard.

A way (this is off my head so it might not be perfect and might have a huge overhead or might not even work) is preload them in hidden divs or something, then when the user logs in, unhide those divs. Online encryption is usually server side AFAIK.

yeah, but person who has web understanding easily unhides those dis and see the video.

yeah, but person who has web understanding easily unhides those dis and see the video.

Yes but then again I didnt know who your target audience is....

Then have them login, call a PHP page (or via AJAX) and have the server return the div/video/etc. if the login is correct.

You could go with what I posted but it is nonstandard and I have no idea what browsers support it.

Its a game and game result is in the video. Users will be logged in but they cannot see the video until the right time. Because by knowing result they can do apropriate actions to win :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.