i want to import my backup database(.sql file) into mysql using php script. i have given the following code where case 1 section works. but i need to execute case 0 section. what the problem in my code please help me anyone.

<?php
//ENTER THE RELEVANT INFO BELOW
$mysqlDatabaseName ='online_admission_form';
$mysqlUserName ='root';
$mysqlPassword ='';
$mysqlHostName ='localhost';
$mysqlImportFilename ='db-backup-1360387884-770ac5920c7155e73215540b30ed1c18.sql';

//DONT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE
//Export the database and output the status to the page
$command='mysql -h' .$mysqlHostName .' -u' .$mysqlUserName .' -p' .$mysqlPassword .' ' .$mysqlDatabaseName .' < ' .$mysqlImportFilename;
exec($command,$output=array(),$worked);
switch($worked){
    case 0:
        echo 'Import file <b>' .$mysqlImportFilename .'</b> successfully imported to database <b>' .$mysqlDatabaseName .'</b>';
        break;
    case 1:
        echo 'There was an error during import. Please make sure the import file is saved in the same folder as this script and check your values:<br/><br/><table><tr><td>MySQL Database Name:</td><td><b>' .$mysqlDatabaseName .'</b></td></tr><tr><td>MySQL User Name:</td><td><b>' .$mysqlUserName .'</b></td></tr><tr><td>MySQL Password:</td><td><b>NOTSHOWN</b></td></tr><tr><td>MySQL Host Name:</td><td><b>' .$mysqlHostName .'</b></td></tr><tr><td>MySQL Import Filename:</td><td><b>' .$mysqlImportFilename .'</b></td></tr></table>';
        break;
}
?>  

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What would you like to do when case 0? I think case 0 is when the import went without any problems. Then you don't have to do anything else apart from letting users know (which has already been done).

This code is not work and gives and error:

There was an error during import. Please make sure the import file is saved in the same folder as this script and check your values:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.