Hi friends,
I'm using Wordpress 3.5.1 , and have created gallery from add media it works fine for this page but i have need to get thumbs of this inserted gallery in footer.As gallery is updated then thumbs in footer must be updated, Is there any function to get thumbs for gallery. Actually my client wants these small thumbs like flicker. Every one is welcome to give suggesstions. Thanks in advance

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Ordinarily, the old way would be to use timthumb however, there was a big hu-har when a security issue was unveiled. Now it's pretty much safe to use, the only problem is it still doesn't address the issue of bandwidth if you try and use a massive picture.

The solution is to resize the picture on upload. I believe wordpress does this on upload. So it should generate a number of thumbs with specific dimensions.

You would then just code these into your footer as you would do a normal wordpress query.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.