4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by diei.nnaemeka

Have you seen this done somewhere?

pdf files are simply text with an XML structure to define visual attributes (at least, as far as I know), and javascript has nothing to do with any of it....

What are you trying to accomplish?

I stand slightly corrected...you can embed executables in a pdf. Launching it through javascript... meh? Don't think it's possible outside of a browser that is running adobe acrobat, or some other pdf reader, as a plug-in.

Doing what you want seems a bit shady. Again, what are you trying to do? Maybe there is a better method that emulates your goal.

well lastest acrobat option allow developer to attach javascript. am trying to emulate a pdf that interract with a user using javascripting. imagine a pdf that launches a slide show when open. that the goal

and ryan being a geek has made me realise that when it comes to hacks notings immpossible

Sounds like youre using the wrong tool for the job... why not just send a power point? If youre into adobe products, just make an FLV that is independent of the browser...

Why fight with a product when many others exist and do what you want more effectively?

Just an opinion. In no way are you wrong to try what you are trying, I just feel that there is a less painful way of going about it...

well that takes the geekiness out of it. what the point of solving a problem when you look for a shortcut instead. the reacson for the post in to challegne the mind

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.