I have written a script when clicked it creates a zip archive of files from the server and start downloading. Till this point everything is fine but what annoys is that it freezes the browser whether it be Chrome, Mozilla or IE. I assume this is due to overheard of creating a zip file and then downloading that altogether. This is on a dedicated server with 32 Gigs of RAM so I wonder is this really an issue with server. What is the alternate way of downloading the file smartly. Here is the link for demo.

[deleted - no longer valid]

Looking for suggestions.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Works fine for me. I waited until 15Mb downloaded then cancelled - I don't need it. Perhaps if you want help, you should at least warn people about the size of the download. Also a notification to let the user know the size of the download on the site would also be useful.

"The download will start..." is confusing - I assumed that you'd wangled it to automatically download a file to my PC somehow. Warning! Warning!

So where's your problem?

Also, while trying your download link, I got this:

[1] 27470
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 254
Content-Type: text/html
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 21:57:30 GMT
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Server: Apache/2
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=[REMOVED]; path=/
Set-Cookie: =1; expires=Wed, 04-Sep-2013 22:57:30 GMT
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17

<font color="#000000"><b>1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY products_order ASC' at line 1<br><br>select * from dss_products where products_id = ORDER BY products_order ASC <br><br><small><font color="#ff0000">
                [ S T O P ]</font></small><br><br></b></font>

The header is different from a valid one, because there is no reference to the file to download and that's correct, but note that the query is revealed because it occurs even if the captcha is not submitted, and since the $id is not set, it generates that output. In other words, make sure to stop the execution before running that query.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.