Hello everyone, im trying to implement select 2 with jquery validation engine pos-absolute but i cant seem to get it right does anyone know how i would get this working correctly?
When an option is selected in the select box the validation engine will still say its required. not allowing the form to be submitted.
jsFiddle

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Hello everyone, im trying to implement select 2 with jquery validation engine pos-absolute but i cant seem to get it right does anyone know how i would get this working correctly?

@brandon66

Why you need 2 jQuery validation in the first place?

It's usually just one jQuery validation, if you are preventing spam then you will used this:

http://www.google.com/recaptcha

with a jQuery validation.

Does that make sense?

When an option is selected in the select box the validation engine will still say its required. not allowing the form to be submitted.

Once a user fill out the form with the jQuery validation on, then the user need to enter the correct recaptcha then submit that info and it will work.

Select2 is a jquery selectbox plugin, and pos-absolute is the validation.

Do a right click > view source on the select element after the select2 is run on it... It changes absolutely everything and removes the select element (along with the class declarations) entirely.

I commented out the select2 and it does work fine as is because the select element is kept in tact. I don't know if this setup is going to work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.