hello all
I am a beginner...
I want to move a wordpress site from a local computer to live server...

live server: plesk parallels

I followed some tutorials and it says: you must create a new mySql database on server... ok I went to parallels plesk panel and I created it... created some user ... and now I click on webadmin button (I guess that is how I go to phpmyadmin) and I get error message:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin
You probably did not create a configuration file. You might want to use the setup script to create one.

so, I guess I must modify config file in order to access the database... but how do I access it? where do I find it? when I look throgh FTP... there is nothing referring to phpmyadmin folder...

I am lost... can anyone help me?

I hope I described the problem well... thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I guess it is something related to phpmyadmin setup... but how to do it??

on phpmyadmin it says:
Cannot load or save configuration
Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin top level directory as described in documentation. Otherwise you will be only able to download or display it.

my question is: how do I create this folder if there is no phpmyadmin folder visible through ftp

thanks, but that doesnt solve my problem... not even close...
what I need is to be able to create a new mySQL database, and apparently I do not have sufficient privileges to create one... thanks though

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I want to move a wordpress site from a local computer to live server...

@azapovjednik

I hope you didn't do any data entry yet?

what I need is to be able to create a new mySQL database, and apparently I do not have sufficient privileges to create one... thanks though

I don't think that should be any issue at all?

The only reason that I can think you can't create a new mySQL database is that you didn't installed the wordpress platform correctly.

So the website you are trying to upload doesn't match the configuration.

I guess I must modify config file in order to access the database

This should have been taken care of for you by your webhost. If it isn't working correctly as you say, contact them and have them fix it.

you are right pritaeas .... I have just learned that the guy who bought hosting... didnt give me all the permissions.... sorry about the trouble and thanks for replying.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.