here i am store the dynamic row values into mysql. i am using jquery and javascript for dynamic rows and auto calculation and then stored to mysql using php coding. that works perfectly. i already added dynamic row value into mysql perfectly. But, now i want to edit the table so how can i fetch the dynamic row? thats my question... basically i know how to retrieve the values from mysql. but i dont know how to retrieve the dynamic row values... 997433b4e5c8fa0790ecff20975c448a
i attached one image. look at this... if user clicks the plus button it will add rows. sometimes user can add 5 rows or 10 rows or 20 rows... these all rows are stored into mysql db successfully and then i assigned a specific reference id for these rows. any idea? how to retrieve dynamic rows using that specific reference id????

Recommended Answers

You need to iterate over the resource...

while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($tariff_query)) {
    echo $row->somefield;
    echo $row->someotherfield;
}

So you now get all the records not just the first one.

BTW, if you want to use an object, why not use PDO or mysqli? mysql is dead - or as good …

Jump to Post

All 13 Replies

I'm not sure what your asking for.
to get the id of the last insert into the db: mysqli.insert-id
show the code you have problems with

i want to fetch the dynamic rows from mysql. for exampl first (for example slno 1) user adds 10 rows and then second (for example slno2) users add 5 rows. these all rows values stored in mysql. now i want to edit the user details. if i click slno1 means it should show the values of 10 rows or else if i click slno2 means it should show the values of 5 rows. mysql_insert_id(); its not a problem. i already assigned specific values for these rows... FETCH DYNAMIC RECORDS USING ARRAY...

store user corrsponding user id too in table means user1 add 5 rows then every row has userid (user1) with the help of this user id you can fetch rows of perticular user

What are your db-tables look like?
post your code

@ pzuurveen :

index.php

<td><input type="text" name="slno[]" value="" size="2"></td>
      <td><input type="text" size="10" name="date[]" id="SelectedDate" onClick="GetDate(this);" readonly="readonly"/></td>
      <td><input size="24" type="text" name="particulars[]" value="" placeholder="Description"></td>
      <td><select name="noofnights[]" value="0">
      <option value="empty"></option>
      <option value="1">1</option>
      <option value="2">2</option>
      <option value="3">3</option>
      <option value="4">4</option>
      <option value="5">5</option>
      <option value="6">6</option>
      <option value="7">7</option>
      <option value="8">8</option>
      <option value="9">9</option>
      <option value="10">10</option>
      <option value="11">11</option>
      <option value="12">12</option>
      <option value="13">13</option>
      <option value="14">14</option>
      <option value="15">15</option>
      <option value="16">16</option>
      <option value="17">17</option>
      <option value="18">18</option>
      <option value="19">19</option>
      <option value="20">20</option>
      <option value="21">21</option>
      <option value="22">22</option>
      <option value="23">23</option>
      <option value="24">24</option>
      <option value="25">25</option>
      <option value="26">26</option>
      <option value="27">27</option>
      <option value="28">28</option>
      <option value="29">29</option>
      <option value="30">30</option>
      <option value="31">31</option>
    </select>
        <input size="14" type="text" onKeyUp="return valtxt(this)" name="rate[]" value="0">
        <input size="14" type="text" name="price[]" value="0" readonly="readonly">
<input size="9" type="text" name="tax[]" onKeyUp="return valtxt(this)" value="0">
<input size="1" type="hidden" name="taxtotal[]" value="0" readonly="readonly"></td>

store.php

if (isset($_POST['submit_val']))
{
foreach ( $_POST['slno'] as $key=>$slno )
{
$date = $_POST['date'][$key];
$particulars = $_POST['particulars'][$key];
$c_date = mysql_real_escape_string($date);
$c_slno = mysql_real_escape_string($slno);
$tariff = mysql_query("INSERT INTO ebvouchertariffs ( TariffSlNo, TariffDate)", $link );
}
}

i written this code for dynamic row values inserted into db and some javascript functions too... now i want to fetch the datas using foreach..

Member Avatar

basically i know how to retrieve the values from mysql. but i dont know how to retrieve the dynamic row values...
how to retrieve dynamic rows using that specific reference id????

So from this I take it you want to retrieve...

$query = "SELECT ... FROM table WHERE id = $id";

You're post was very confusing, so are you looking to display additional records with that form?

If so, you probably need to use the LIMIT clause...

$query = "SELECT ... FROM table LIMIT $start, $amount";

@diafol :
cd8c93ac0a6c65a67e52895050c41246 look at this image. this column name is VoucherID_Fk

in that image you can see some VoucherID_Fk values 37,37,37,36,36,36. these three row contains different values in other columns like TariffDate, TariffParticulars, TariffRate etc...,

select & fetch query code :

$tariff_query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ebvouchertariffs WHERE VoucherID_Fk = $id");
        $t_row = mysql_fetch_object($tariff_query);
        echo mysql_error();

<td><?php echo $t_row->TariffDate ?></td>
                <td><?php echo $t_row->TariffParticulars ?></td>

i attached another images look at this... c7d2927d9d144ebbda42a2c2e9be7376

those 38 number column is VoucherID_Fk. you can see different row values from other rows 10,7 & 900,5000 & 9000,35000 & 6.25,5. so, now i want to fetch records using that VoucherID_Fk. but i got only 1st row values, i didn't get remaining values...
For example i fetch the VoucherID_Fk number 38..

i want output like this..

38 10 900 90000 6.25
38 7 5000 90000 5

but now i got like this..

38 10 900 90000 6.25

i didn't get the all rows of that particular id...????

Member Avatar

You need to iterate over the resource...

while ($row = mysql_fetch_object($tariff_query)) {
    echo $row->somefield;
    echo $row->someotherfield;
}

So you now get all the records not just the first one.

BTW, if you want to use an object, why not use PDO or mysqli? mysql is dead - or as good as.

@ diafol : c70ac1b3cd3d4aa71885329df2ffa0ab it works. but look at this images. it splits the table. i want to fetch one by one row...

i want like this...

1st row
2nd row
3rd row
4th row

but i got like this...
<table>
1st row
</table>
<table>
2nd row
</table>
<table>
3rd row
</table>
<table>
4th row
</table>
<table>
5th row
</table>

@ diafol : got it. thanks thats my mistake...

How do you add a membership records in java(bluej) First Name, Last Name, phone number. Please can you help me

Member Avatar

@HMP123

Please post to the correct forum (Java?) and give full details of your query. Your post is insufficient as it is. Include any code that you've written too.