Hello There,

My problem is:
I have declared an empty PHP array.
and onsubmit of button I want to add the _post values to array at every time on my form.
I am working this in Yii framwork.

Array declred as:

$skill_values_array=array();

button code

<?php echo CHtml::submitButton(Yii::t($model, 'next'), array('id' => 'submitbutton')); ?>

and my JS code

<?php Yii::app()->getClientScript()->registerScript('hello',
        '  $(\'#submitbutton\').click(function(){           
        // HERE I WANT TO UPDATE MY ARRAY WITH VALUES GOT THROUGH FORM
    });
    ');?>

How can I do this ?

Contributors
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Kyle Wiering

Background

The direct relationship between php and javascript is primarily one way. PHP on the server can be built out to print out javascript. However, javascript is a client side language. Once the code reaches the client, the only way to get back to the PHP is to return to the server (via Ajax or a new Webpage request).

This means you could build up your javascript array and send it back to the server to be handled by your array. But you cannot directly set a php value from javascript.

Solution Ideas

1. You might try using jQuery as you are already using a framework.
  2. Another approach (with the basic concept) is a php formhttp://www.w3schools.com/php/php_forms.asp
  3. It is possible to do it without jquery, but if you aren't familiar with setting up ajax, cross browser support is already baked into jQuery.
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.