Hi all, I have visual studio 2008 and as I recently started to use it, I still develop the HTML from scratch and then move it to ASP.NET. Anyway, when I did my last site and uploaded the CSS in visual, I got quite a lot of CSS 3 error validation, like
Validation (CSS 2.1): 'box-sizing' is not a known CSS property name etc etc, so clearly VS2008 doesn't support CSS3. I had a good look around on the net, and apparently you can change those errors (which by the way don't prevent me from compiling) into warnings - although to be fair I couldn't do it on my copy - but more importantly, I need CSS 3 support. I found a few posts on different blogs here and there about possible solutions like this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2007/10/19/how-to-create-custom-css-intellisense-schema-in-visual-studio-2005-and-2008.aspx but I don't have access to the registry of this machine due to permissions so I wonder, is there a quick and easy solution, or is it just not possible to do it and I have to upgrade to a higher version of VS?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think instead of trying to get this integrated in 2008, upgrading to the 2013 version would be much easier. They now offer a nice Community edition of Visual Studio.

ouch...
So presumably if I can use VS 2008 I could use 2013 as well, as in, it's not that much different, as far as you know?
I just find it really irritating that there is so little good support on the net for old software

So presumably if I can use VS 2008 I could use 2013 as well, as in, it's not that much different, as far as you know?

Should be no problem. I run multiple versions on my machine too. Upside is access to the new(er) technologies.

Oh really can you do that? I thought that to install the newer version you had to get rid of the older one

No, it's possible. As long as you install them from old to new in order.

OK thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.