Blueie 13 Junior Poster

Hello

I am testing a couple of the form fields that I have here:

Click Here

If I type in an invented password under 'Old password', invent a password under 'New password', and then, under 'Confirm password', I type in a wrong password, I get the following error when I click on 'Submit':

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).

This configuration error refers to this line in my Web.config file:

<providers>
      <add name="DefaultMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultMembershipProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/"/>
    </providers>

What does that error mean, please? The file that holds the form in the screenshot is called 'changePass.aspx' and in my changePass.aspx.vb file I have:

Public Sub ChangePassword_OnClick(sender As Object, args As EventArgs)
        ' Update the password.

Dim u As MembershipUser = Membership.GetUser(User.Identity.Name)

Try
            If u.ChangePassword(OldPasswordTextbox.Text, PasswordTextbox.Text) Then

Label1.Text = "Password changed"

Else

Label1.Text = "Password change failed. Please re-enter your values and try again"

End If

Catch e As Exception

Label1.Text = "An exception occured: " & Server.HtmlEncode(e.Message) & ". Please re-enter your values and try again"

End Try

End Sub

Thank you for any advise as to how I can correct this problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.