I have a posted this question in the computer science section, someone told me to move it here i am unsure of how to so starting a discussion here.

Please can someone help me to make the cell (dates) of the calendar clickable, one they have been clicked it opens up a form?
I have the database tables set up just need help to make the dates clickable to open the form.

My code for the calendar is:

?php
$monthNames = Array("January", "February", "March", "April", "May", "June", "July", 
"August", "September", "October", "November", "December");
?>
<?php
if (!isset($_REQUEST["month"])) $_REQUEST["month"] = date("n");
if (!isset($_REQUEST["year"])) $_REQUEST["year"] = date("Y");
?>
<?php
$cMonth = $_REQUEST["month"];
$cYear = $_REQUEST["year"];
$prev_year = $cYear;
$next_year = $cYear;
$prev_month = $cMonth-1;
$next_month = $cMonth+1;
if ($prev_month == 0 ) {
    $prev_month = 12;
    $prev_year = $cYear - 1;
}
if ($next_month == 13 ) {
    $next_month = 1;
    $next_year = $cYear + 1;
}
?>
<table width="400" border="5" align="center">
<tr align="center">
<td bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="50%" align="left">  <a href="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] . "?month=". $prev_month . "&year=" . $prev_year; ?>" style="color:#FFFFFF">Previous</a></td>
<td width="50%" align="right"><a href="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] . "?month=". $next_month . "&year=" . $next_year; ?>" style="color:#FFFFFF">Next</a>  </td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center">
<table width="100%" border="2" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
<tr align="center">
<td colspan="7" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF">
<strong> <?php echo $monthNames[$cMonth-1].' '.$cYear; ?> </strong>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>S</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>M</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>T</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>W</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>T</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>F</strong></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="#999999" style="color:#FFFFFF"><strong>S</strong></td>
</tr>
<?php 
$timestamp = mktime(0,0,0,$cMonth,1,$cYear);
$maxday = date("t",$timestamp);
$thismonth = getdate ($timestamp);
$startday = $thismonth['wday'];
for ($i=0; $i<($maxday+$startday); $i++) {
    if(($i % 7) == 0 ) echo "<tr> ";
    if($i < $startday) echo "<td></td> ";
    else echo "<td align='center' valign='middle' height='20px'>". ($i - $startday + 1) . "</td> ";
    if(($i % 7) == 6 ) echo "</tr> ";
}
?>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If I understand you right you need Date Picker?
You can see one on this link you have there already source code.

not really that is not what i want.

I want to use the calendar code i have posted above, i want to be able to click on the cell (dates), once clicked it opens a form

can i use this? if so how do i use it in my calendar in post 1?

<script>
        $(document).ready( function() {
            $(this).on("click", function(e) {
                alert( $(e.target).text());
            });
    </script>

jQuery Impromptu might help you out. I'm just learning it but it does have the ability to prompt with forms inside. It seems to be very 'interesting'. I am still building examples for myself but give it a 'look-see'.

what im trying to do is firstly make all the dates on the calender clickable.. secondly once any day is selected it opens up a form. The form I have created in sql database oredi. But im stuck on how to accomplish this.

Well the form you'll have to create in HTML as well... A database table is not part of a webpage...

Your clickable table cells also need to be distinguishable from their header cells, assuming you don't want a form to open when clicking on the "Monday" column header; you only want to open the form when an actual date cell is clicked. To do this you can just add "class='datepick'" or whatever you want to name the class, to the td element on line 61 of your code posted.

Then you can use jQuery to enable a click event on the cells using the selector '.datepick', to open up your [HTML] form...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.