Hi,

Previously I have worked on codeigniter Framework. Since codeigniter developers are not even sure about version 3.0 , I decided to work with a better/new framwork.

The problem is, whichever the Framework I choose, it needed Composer to work on. First I choose laravel, then symfony , later cakephp. But usually in shared hosting services, they won't allow to install composer.

What is the better option I have ?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

You may be better to use composer on local machine and only upload updated/new files when it works locally. You don't want to be messing about with composer on a live site, do you?

I use laravel extensively (almost exclusively), albeit v4.2, and have shared hosting for most client projects. I've not hit a problem yet.

All my sites are developed locally (XAMPP on Win8.1) and FTPed using Filezilla.

I have variations where I have a few remote dev servers, GIT repos etc, but for most sall-scale projects, I don't think I really need anything else.

hello diafol,

Thank you for your reply. Actually i was not having any idea on what composer does. So i thought it is essential in running/executing a project developed in laravel. That's why I askied the question.Now I am going ahead with Laravel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.