I am using

-PHP 5.3.3 (cgi-fcgi)
-Apache Web Server 2.1.6
-5.1.73-community
-MediaWiki (1.22.0)

I need to implement auto login for the mediawiki users by using ldap authetication. However, php_ldap.dll is not found in the /ext file so I went to download and enter the extension=php_ldap.dll in the php.ini file. I also included the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll file in the C:/PHP directory.

However, when I tried to run the server , it gives me the following error
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I've checked the error log on apache and it gives me this error
Premature end of script headers: php-cgi.exe

Is there anything I am missing out? I have been struggling for long now.

This may be late, but it is relevant to anyone loading extra extensions into your PHP, Always check which version of PHP you have first. You will also need to know if you have a thread safe or non-thread safe version. After this you should download the extension you need which matches the exact version of PHP. You may have to install a newer or older version of PHP to match the extension if your build is not supported. Perhaps obvious, make sure you know whether you have a 32bit version or 64bit version.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.