Hello everyone, first of all i like to say that the new daniweb webdesign is AMAZING i really like it and hope this site it will become number one for programming and if it does please never BAN its users like stackowerflow do but thats other theme.. :D
I have a problem with the change password box this code should work but it doesn't any solutions ?

<!-- CHANGE PASSWORD BOX -->
    <form method="POST" action="navigation.php">
        <div class="modal fade" id="changePassword">
            <div class="modal-dialog modal-md">
                <div class="modal-content">
                    <div class="modal-header">
                        <button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="modal">&times;</button>
                        <h4 class="modal-title">Change Account Password</h4>
                    </div>
                    <div class="modal-body">
                        <p><input type="text" class="form-control" name="oldPass" placeholder="Enter Old Password"/></p>
                        <p><input type="text" class="form-control" name="newPass" placeholder="Enter New Password"/></p>
                    </div>
                    <div class="modal-footer">
                        <input type="submit" class="btn btn-success btn-block" data-dismiss="modal" name="changePass">Change Password</input>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
        <?php
        if(isset($_POST['changePass'])) {
            $newPass = $_POST['newPass'];
            $oldPass = $_POST['oldPass'];

$password = getUserData('users', 'Password');

if($oldPass != $password) {
        ?>
            <p>Incorrect 'Old Password'</p>
        <?php
            } else if($newPass == $password) {
        ?>
            <p>You must use different password!</p>
        <?php
            } else {
                $user = getUserData('users', 'UserUsername');
                $email = getUserData('users', 'Email');
                $sql = "UPDATE `users` SET `Password`='".$newPass."' WHERE `Email`='".$email."' AND `UserUsername`='".$user."'";
                $return = $conn->query($sql);
        ?>
            <p>Password changed successfully.</p>
        <?php
            }
        }
        ?>
    </form>
Contributors
Replies
Views
1 Year
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stefan_1

Where are you hashing this password? I can't see a hashing function. Really hope you're not storing passwords as plaintext?

What exactly doesn't work? If you echo the generated query, does it execute in phpMyAdmin? Is $conn a valid object?

Nothing happens when i press the button, just closing the modal box
Yea it works when i echo into the SQL and yeah conn is a valid object and works in other classes

Edited by Stefan_1

Nothing at all, not even if your passwords don't match?

<form method="POST" action="navigation.php">

The form is posted to navigation.php. This is the correct script?

Yup nothing at all even if the password doesnt match and yes thats the correct script

Yes i have online test site: Click Here login with these details:
Email: asd@gmail.com
Pass: asd
CLICK NEWS go down to "MORE" and find "Change Password" i dont know why the menu does not work on home page but its the same code...

Edited by Stefan_1

It appears that the action is not set on your page. It's just <form method="POST" action>. When setting the page to <form method="POST" action="navigation.php">, the browser loads only navigation.php as expected, which appears to be your navigation sidebar. It also throws a Call to undefined function getuserdata() error, which I would guess is because you normally include that function in another section of your page. I suggest using an ajax call (documentation here if you need it) to submit your form data to a php page dedicated to handling your database entries. Have the php page return a json response to the ajax call so that you can alert the user to success/failure of the script.

Problem is solved i removed the data-dismiss="modal" idk why that happened.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.