Hi. I have to do a MVC project and I don't know exactly how to do it. on the clientside I will have an input form the data (at least two codes and up to 8) will be sent to the server (best way?) then the server will access a database and run a series of algorithms (i already have the code in vb from a previous windows forms app) and return 5 to 10 objects (numbers and strings) to the client which will display the results on a different view depending of the result. can anyone make a quick sketch of what i'll need to do? how to submit to server how to get it back controllers to send and get other languages/scripts I must use (js, ajax, etc) thanks

Recommended Answers

If you use ajax to call your controller with json data, then mvc will take of converting that into your viewmodel on the server-side. You can then use the viewmodel results to pass back json data. Perhaps

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

If you use ajax to call your controller with json data, then mvc will take of converting that into your viewmodel on the server-side. You can then use the viewmodel results to pass back json data. Perhaps this link may help.

thanks a lot.

I did that and it works

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.