Hi, I have a raspberry pi in which I use kweb in kiosk mode. To display a webpage. What I am trying to do is to be able to navigate through the webpage using my phone. What I am struggling with is how can I make this kind of connection because I have no idea what it's even called. Till now I am using this basic setup of an iPhone app that sends a request to a php file on the raspberry pi to create a text file with the command and then Ajax on the webpage to monitor the file for change and follow the command accordingly. This is working fine but I was looking for a better way to accomplish this task.

I know that my question is a bit hard to understand but I really don't know what I want to do. I don't even know what to search google for.

You time and help are really appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So how about the old web ticker solutions? https://www.google.com/#q=web+ticker+example Your Pi implements something like that and as the item rolls by it reacts.

Or you have a listening UDP port that you send a packet to to tell the Pi to do something.

There are many designs to choose from. Your choice at the end of the day.

Thanks for the reply. i actually kept googling and found out what i really want is a client -server application using socket.io

commented: Sock it to the solution. Nice. +9
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.