I don't know if I'm even posting in the right section.

When I open a new tab (after closing all other tabs) and I input address of project site. Elements pops out of parent element (it's 50% of bottom is visible, while rest is through the top of the window). When I refresh the page, everything goes back to normal. The element is right on it's place (about 100px under the top of the window).

Is there any specific reason that such thing could happen, or is it really CSS? Because CSS is valid, but the browser interprets it weirdly first time and then after refresh it interprets it right.
I don't know what to make out of it. Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for diafol

Screenshot? CSS markup? Flying blind

That's the problem, I don't know which part of CSS causes the thing to go bonkers and I'd rather not dump entire CSS (nothing special or secret, but still).

The only thing that is screenshot: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uptf0j
The one on the left is regular, wanted, expected behavior.
But on first page load you get the one on the right.
Only after hard refresh it remains in it's place, and no other refreshes after it (soft or hard; huehuehue) affect it anyhow.

"Flying blind", well I was kinda hoping someone knew "Top 10 Most Known Bugs That Cause Element To Fly Off-Screen".

Member Avatar for diafol

Link doesn't give me anything.

I was kinda hoping someone knew "Top 10 Most Known Bugs That Cause Element To Fly Off-Screen".

Ok, can't help you. Any takers?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.