How to change the text area size? I already try changing the col width but the size still does not adjust the real width.

<div class="widget-box"> <div class="widget-title"><h5>Email Templates</h5></div> <div class="widget-content"> <form action="submitcontent" method="post"> <table border="0" style="width: 100%;"> <tr> <td>Title:</td> <td><input type="text" name="email_title"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Body:</td> <td><textarea name="email_body" col="40" width="200">
Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by diafol

Use CSS to set the width. Sorry, I'm on my phone right now and it's too hard to type out the code. But basically something like style="width:200px". As far as I know, the width attribute as you have used it is not a valid property of text boxes.

I wonder why I cannot distinguish between email_title textbox size and email_body textarea:

<div class="widget-box">
                    <div class="widget-title"><h5>Email Templates</h5></div>
                    <div class="widget-content">

<form action="submitcontent" method="post">

<table style="width: 400px;">
                        <tr>
                            <td>Title:</td>
                            <td><input type="text" name="email_title" size="60"></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>Body:</td>
                            <td style="width: 80px;"><textarea name="email_body" col="100" rows="4"></textarea></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td></td>
                            <td><input type="submit" class="edit" name="submit" value="Submit" href="#"/></button></td>
                        </tr>   
                    </table>

</form>

</div>
                </div>      

Are you using a framework? Not sure why you're setting a style width AND col attribute for the textarea. Have you checked the "inspect console" in the browser to see the css / style responsible for the "computed" style? Are you after a static size, regardless of screen size or do you want responsive - or even fluid? BTW - tables are not a good idea for form layouts. They can break out of sections if the screen size is less than the table width.

Edited by diafol

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.