How to change the text area size? I already try changing the col width but the size still does not adjust the real width.

<div class="widget-box"> <div class="widget-title"><h5>Email Templates</h5></div> <div class="widget-content"> <form action="submitcontent" method="post"> <table border="0" style="width: 100%;"> <tr> <td>Title:</td> <td><input type="text" name="email_title"></td> </tr> <tr> <td>Body:</td> <td><textarea name="email_body" col="40" width="200">

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Use CSS to set the width. Sorry, I'm on my phone right now and it's too hard to type out the code. But basically something like style="width:200px". As far as I know, the width attribute as you have used it is not a valid property of text boxes.

I wonder why I cannot distinguish between email_title textbox size and email_body textarea:

<div class="widget-box">
                    <div class="widget-title"><h5>Email Templates</h5></div>
                    <div class="widget-content">

<form action="submitcontent" method="post">

<table style="width: 400px;">
                        <tr>
                            <td>Title:</td>
                            <td><input type="text" name="email_title" size="60"></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>Body:</td>
                            <td style="width: 80px;"><textarea name="email_body" col="100" rows="4"></textarea></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td></td>
                            <td><input type="submit" class="edit" name="submit" value="Submit" href="#"/></button></td>
                        </tr>   
                    </table>

</form>

</div>
                </div>      
Member Avatar for diafol

Are you using a framework? Not sure why you're setting a style width AND col attribute for the textarea. Have you checked the "inspect console" in the browser to see the css / style responsible for the "computed" style? Are you after a static size, regardless of screen size or do you want responsive - or even fluid? BTW - tables are not a good idea for form layouts. They can break out of sections if the screen size is less than the table width.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.