What are the ASP.NET MVC prerequisite?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You are right I can google for my question and I did. However, I am asking in forums may be someone give me more information telling his story how he start learn about MVC etc. Google for something is useful but with the dozens of results it sometimes become hard to reach what you are looking for and for sure no one will go through all the search results reading all the posts and their replies to got his aim. Finally, thank you for you time and consideration. Wishing you a good day!

You are right I can google for my question and I did. However, I am asking in forums may be someone give me more information telling his story how he start learn about MVC etc.

Then it would have been more useful (to you) to have asked that question in the first place. There are some amazing people here but none of them can read minds.

When in doubt, the official tutorials are usually a good place to start learning.

Getting started with ASP.NET Core MVC

As far as prerequisites go it depends on your own knowledge. If you have no programming experience it's better to start with plain C# (or Java *cough*) and leave the frameworks for when you're more familiar with coding in general. Aside from experience in an Object Oriented programming language some HTML experience will help when you start making the Views (the V in MVC).

no one will go through all the search results reading all the posts and their replies to got his aim

With a little effort it's not that hard to filter the good from the bad. If the results are all bad, rephrase the question. You're not the first, nor the last person who wants to learn ASP.NET MVC.

I am sorry if I asked the wrong or an incomplete question. I asked my question because I know nothing about MVC and all what I know it is a design pattern I thought that I should know Web API, JavaScript, jQuery, HTML, and CSS that it is why I asked. Anyway, thank all of you for your time and consideration.

If people you do not mind help me in that too. I want to dig a bit more in LINQ and I am confused between 3 books and I do not know which one to pick

• Essential LINQ - Charlie Calvert, Dinesh Kulkarni
  • LINQ in Action - FABRICE MARGUERIE, STEVE EICHERT, JIM WOOLEY
  • Programming Microsoft LINQ in Microsoft.NET Framework 4 - Paolo Pialorsi, Marco Russo

I picked the names after googling about best books and those what I got from different results. So which one is the best among them if someone may know or if he can nominate one for me.

Without googling specific books, I can highly recommend just about anything by Wrox Press.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.