I have found a source of and aledged xml file (although it is named as solarxml.php, when I download it the data that I want is there, i.e. solarflux, aindex, kindex and sunspots, but I have no idea how to determine how to extract the 4 data fields I want, also don't want to download it each time as I want to use those 4 items on my webpage (unless the webpage is reloaded), this when refreshed or reloaded would force a reload of the xml data and thus keeping the information fresh.

I have looked at many tutorials and now seem to be chasing myself in circles. The xml file can be found at: http://www.hamqsl.com/solarxml.php (I have confirmed it is a legit xml file) will of course acknowledge the source of the info, although it is all in the public domain. So a snippet of code to get me started would be great, I am sure that this will be like falling off a log to some of you but to me, who has spent 4 days scratching my head seem like a big problem.

So any test coding I can manipulate would be really helpful, especially showing how to get the xml from an external server.

I can't use the usual formats such as php etc as the host I use does not have them enabled.

Thanks in anticipation

Contributors
Views
5 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by Traevel

though you might want to open up a new question if you hit any issues

Did you hit any issues with the libraries then? If so you might want to mention them.

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.