Hello, I'm not able to display the whole select result information in the table and I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I would appreciate your help so much.

So here's my code:

<?php
$DBServer = 'localhost';
$DBUser = 'root';
$DBPass = '';
$DBName = 'world';
$conn = new mysqli($DBServer, $DBUser, $DBPass, $DBName);

$sql = "SELECT Id, Name, CountryCode, District, Population FROM city WHERE CountryCode = 'USA'";
$result = $conn->query($sql);

if($result->num_rows > 0){
    echo "<table border='1'> <tr> <th>Id</th> <th>Name</th> <th>Code</th> <th>District</th> <th>Population</th> </tr>";
            while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)){
                echo"
                <tr> <td>".$row['Id'] ."</td> <td>".$row['Name'] ."</td> <td>".$row['CountryCode'] ."</td> <td>".$row['District'] ."</td> <td>".$row['Population'] ."</td> </tr>
                ";
                echo "</table><br>";
    }
}else{
    echo "No results";
}

$conn->close();
?>

This is how it looks like in the browser: http://prntscr.com/hty7m9 as you can see, only a one result is inside the table, I would like to be able to show every single result in the table.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You left out a fine detail. How many rows are there?

Most SQL implementations LIMIT the return set size to so many number of rows. You can override this in your query by the LIMIT option.

PS. Added with edit. You can see the LIMIT in use in the docs at http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli-result.fetch-array.php

Nope, this didn't change anything, I did finally copy this exemple and I managed to make it work.

Hi ibrsbk

Can you replace the code and try. it will work

<?php
$DBServer = 'localhost';
$DBUser = 'root';
$DBPass = '';
$DBName = 'world';
$conn = new mysqli($DBServer, $DBUser, $DBPass, $DBName);

$sql = "SELECT Id, Name, CountryCode, District, Population FROM city WHERE CountryCode = 'USA'";
$result = $conn->query($sql);
 echo "<table border='1'> <tr> <th>Id</th> <th>Name</th> <th>Code</th> <th>District</th>
if($result->num_rows > 0){
    <th>Population</th> </tr>";
            while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result)){
                echo"
                <tr> <td>".$row['Id'] ."</td> <td>".$row['Name'] ."</td> <td>".$row['CountryCode'] ."</td> <td>".$row['District'] ."</td> <td>".$row['Population'] ."</td> </tr>
                ";

}
}else{
    echo "No results";
}
 echo "</table><br>";
$conn->close();
?>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.