hi all, I am a newbie to ASP.Net and IIS. I just installed .net framework 1.1 and it was working just fine. But this morning when I tried opening a .crpoj file, I got this error while the VS.Net was opening and when I selected "OK" (The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or open the Web project located at the following URL'http://localhost/CSROGXXX'.'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error), and tried to view my default.aspx file on the browser, I got the following error:

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Please advise me what I can do. I would really appreciate your help. Due to this, I can't even do my homework. PS:- when I installed IIS, my IE icon is missing and Iexplorer.exe is also missing. Does it have anything do with the error? But even when the IE icon was missing, I could view my .aspx file on the localhost server. Please help me here....

Luckydue

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try running the Microsoft System File Checker. Start -> Run -> sfc /scannow

More information about the System File Checker can be viewed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747

After the SFC is finished, go to Start -> Run -> "%SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i (EXACTLY! Do not remove the "s)

Also, a repair on Visual Studio .NET wouldn't hurt ;-).

Thanks Tekmaven, I will do it right now. Thanks a lot.

Luckydude

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.