Ok, the company I work for require the vacancies datagrid located at http://www.goldenwest.org.au/vacancies.aspx to be printable. I have made a new project that shows all records in the datagrid and the datagrid takes up the whole page. What I want to do, is when it is printed, no rows are cut off and are instead pushed to the next page and also to have the header of the datagrid repeated on each page.

Seems simple enough... but I can't quite get it any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys

Slade

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The best way for you to acomplish this is to have a dynamically generated PDF. Probably one of the coolest things that I've been playing around with is called FOP , which is created by the Apache Foundation, and is used to create reports using xml. There is a .NET port, called nFop, which can be used in with nPDF.

Here is the description of nPDF:

FO PDF is similar to ASP.NET Server Controls, written in C#.It takes DataTable and few other params to generate the XSL FO and renders a DataGrid like PDF Report using NFOP (Apache FOP Port in J#) PDF Formatter.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.