is there a way to set a set a dynamic page size for gridview?

for instance, i am choosing 10 from the properites window for PageSize, but I would like to have a form field on the page where the user can type the number of records they would like to show per page, and have the gridview reflect that...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

protected void ddPageSize_SelectedIndexChange(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    GridView1.PageSize = Convert.ToInt32(ddPageSize.SelectedValue);
    //Re-bind the grid however you're doing that, in a seperate function 
    //if you're sensible. 
}

THANKS SO MUCH!

I was able to get this to work with the code snippet you provided!

I apparen;ty jumped the gun. The problem I have (and this is with and without the dynamic setting for the paging) is as follows:

I have a strange issue. I have a GridView that displays partial data from a table. When you click the "Select" button, I have a form view that shows the entire record. I have paging set to 5. Everything works fine when I view the first set of records. The problem is, when I click the 2nd page, or 3rd, or 4th page, and then click the "Select", it is showing me the first pages records. IE, the gridview is showing in alphabetical order, and when I am on page 10 looking at the T's, and click select, i see the first record, for "A". when I click the second record, I see "A" as well.

No matter what page I am on, it is only using the values from the first view for the select buttons (- I really hope that makes sense...)

the problem is most likely you are using AutoPostBack on the ASP button object which will reload the page you are on and reset it to the default, which is the first page. The way I usually work around this is my creating my own form button object and use it to complete the task. you might want to think about creating a Refresh button along side the Select, or removing the Select altogether and replacing it with a Form button instead of a ASP object. this may or way not work with what you are trying to do, but it is all I can think of. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much and very Good

By Ake Sarawut

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.