How to drag and drop multiple listbox items from one listbox asp.net server control to another in asp.net webforms

Kindly give me a solution to this problem

It's very urgent.....

Awaiting reply,

regards.....

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

wat exactly do u want,items from listbox in one page should be available in another page or items should be transfered to the same page.if u wantt to transfer items in the same page use add function for the next datalist

Your question is quite confusing. You want to drag and drop the listbox items from one of the web page to another web page?

wat exactly do u want,items from listbox in one page should be available in another page or items should be transfered to the same page.if u wantt to transfer items in the same page use add function for the next datalist

There are two listbox controls on the asp.net web page. One listbox contains data from one of the columns of a table,from the database.
In the same web page, multiple data from the listbox should be dragged and dropped to another listbox.(This should happen only in an asp.net web application and not in windows apps...Buttons should not be used for moving the listitems from one control to another)

NOTE:

Data from one listbox control should be dragged and dropped into another listbox control within the same web page.

Your question is quite confusing. You want to drag and drop the listbox items from one of the web page to another web page?

There are two listbox controls on the asp.net web page. One listbox contains data from one of the columns of a table,from the database.
In the same web page, multiple data from the listbox should be dragged and dropped to another listbox.(This should happen only in an asp.net web application and not in windows apps...Buttons should not be used for moving the listitems from one control to another)

NOTE:

Data from one listbox control should be dragged and dropped into another listbox control within the same web page.

Try using AJAX components.

Try using AJAX components.

I have used ajax and could achieve this activity by using <div> tag
on the client side.But, the requirement is to use two listbox controls to meet the desired result.....

Could you give me a solution for the same by using listbox, an asp.net server control?

Try downloading the Ajax Controll Toolkit from this site and add it as a reference.. or follow their examples and make some changes.

This is all i can come up with to help you.

I am also trying to do the same. Dragging multiple items from a ListBox and dropping them in another ListBox.
I have gone through the comments and the link by Roshan. But it is giving info on moving items using buttons (not drag drop).

Could anyone give some pointers on how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.