Hi Dw

I'm having a problem here, I created this project and because of Access denial I was prompted to use the manifest to make my app run accordingly, but changing the manifest value from "asInvoker" to "requireAdministrator" helped solving that problem up to a point where I had to publish my project and error "ClickOnce does not support 'requireAdministrator'".

How can I run my project as admin or maybe on startup the project will prompt for admin then run as admin?

I have looked at some other project, I first saw a C# example that's does this but when I tried to convert it I got error using online C# to VB converters, and luckily I found a VB.NET but the sample was made for Vista OS and its uses a module.

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/82541-my-application-needs-admin-rights/

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You could go for Properties while marking your application with right mouse button, then go for Compatibility, there should be a checkbox for administrator permissions, check it, and every time you start this application, will require administrator permissions, regardless of your manifest.

Is this what you requested?

Thanks, I've also saw another post with the same answer but my problem is how to locate that campatibility, mean, where my I go to reach that, I've tried looking for it under properties of my project but I didn't find it.

There is a manual method for creating a shortcut that will run with Admin access (bypassing the UAC prompt) here.

Thanks guys.

I came across this item that I used on my old laptop in 2014 to create shortcuts with elevated rights. It worked well and was much easier to use than the manual process I linked you to earlier.

That utility just automates the manual process (creates a Task Scheduler entry with elevated rights).

Thanks, will try it out too. Thanks again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.