please i need urgent help, im trying to load a picture uploader through an iframe in my application, the uploader is located on a different subdomain but im calling it from the current subdomain on the same website but when i click the hyperlink that is supposed to show the frame with its content i get this error inside the frame where the uploader is supposed to show, the error is:

Error Summary
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x800700b7
Config Error Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'add' with unique key attribute 'name' set to 'ScriptHandlerFactory'
Config File \\?\C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxx\ImageServer\web.config
Requested URL http://localhost:80/imageserver/GroupImage.aspx?GroupId=10011&Admin=Admin
Physical Path C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\xxxxxxx\ImageServer\GroupImage.aspx
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined
Config Source

242: <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" />

im confused as to what could be the cause of this error, ive done a lot of googling all to no avail,pls a timely help would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
You need to take a close look at your web.config file, it looks like you may have a duplicate line in the HttpHandlers section.

It could also be that you have 2 web.config files i.e. 1 in the root folder and a second in the imageserver folder, with duplicate entries. If this is the case then you have 2 options

1. remove the duplicate entries from the config file in the subdirectory as the application in the sub directory will automatically inherit the settings form the config file in the root directory

2. mulch all the settings in the config file in the root folder and remove the config file in the subdirectory (this is probably a bit more advanced as you will need to use <location> tags to specify any application specific settings for the application in the subdirectory)

Thank you this is very helpful infomrtaion, I solved my problem with above suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.