I've recently received some ASP.NET application to test. I must run it on local server. I installed IIS with all components. I copied whole project to c:\inetpub\wwwroot. Catalog structure:

4eeea10396f106716ea9eee3fcc78a78

I suppose main file to run is Global.asax, but when i try to run localhost/.../global.asax I get error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found Description: The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) map policy that is configured on the Web server. The page you requested has a file name extension that is not recognized, and is not allowed.

ASP.NET is completely new technology for me. I guess there is very easy solution ;)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Copying the source to the web root is not really useful. You should put your project somewhere else, and then use the Publish option in Visual Studio to build a version for deployment on IIS.

Global.aspx is not intended for you to access via a web browser. There are certain files that the asp.net engine will not allow you to access via a browser. For example, *.config files cannot be either.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.