It all started like this I created a sub directory in my hosting account, for blog engine 1.5. I then copied all the file from the source to the target sub directory folder which is under my root application. when I lauched this is the error I was getting

To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I replaced the "RemoteOnly" with "Off"

this is the new error am having now

Server Error in '/Mayflowerblog' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'ExtensionManager' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 53: for each (SortedExtension x in sortedExtensions)
Line 54: {
Line 55: if (ExtensionManager.ExtensionEnabled(x.Name))
Line 56: {
Line 57: a.CreateInstance(x.Type);

Source File: e:\web\mayflowerpo\htdocs\Mayflowerblog\Global.asax Line: 55

Please what do I do?

>Please what do I do?

You can't deploy your web app in sub-folder. Create/configure sub-domain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.