Hey all, i want in my website visitor counter list showing. Plz, can any one tell me script for that and what i have to do.

Cheersssssssss......

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This can be done entirely in server side code, actually, javascript isn't exactly suited for this unless you want some sort of AJAX functionality. Why don't you tell me which server-side language you use so I point you in the right direction.

Just use some AJAX library which will make a request and put onto page returned value.
Do you need detailed script for that?

hiee ,, i m using jsp and i also want visitor count .. please helppp!!

In order to keep track of number of visitors, you need something to hold on the counter value as scru said. So pure JavaScript can't do it because a client browser is local to the client machine. Also, you need to determine how you count it. You should not increase the count every time someone visits a page because someone may keep refreshing the page instead...

GoStats is a free website analytics & website hit counter. It reports data in a real time & shows the page view, unique visitor on the website try gostats. It is easy to install & has some advance features. It might be helpful for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.