hi does anyone know anything about oxwall plugins as ive copied a plugin from there and changed the name along with all the files so it goes with the new plugin name and i have asserted a new key for it and when i finished it and went to install it i am getting the following error

OW Debug - Warning
File:   /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_core/authorization.php
Line:   76
OW Debug - Notice
Message:    Cant add action `add_meet` to group `meet`! Duplicate entry!
Line:   106
OW Debug - Notice
Message:    Cant add action `view_meet` to group `meet`! Duplicate entry!
OW Debug - Notice
Message:    Cant add action `add_comment` to group `meet`! Duplicate entry!
OW Debug - Exception
File:   /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_core/plugin_manager.php
Line:   86
Trace:  

#0 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_plugins/meet/install.php(90): OW_PluginManager->getPlugin('meet')
#1 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.php(558): include_once('/home/jktempla/...')
#2 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php(715): BOL_PluginService->install('meets19611973')
#3 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins->install(Array)
#4 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_core/application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#6 /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#7 {main}

Type:   InvalidArgumentException

What could be causing this if anyone knows it would be gratefully recieved

ive posted on oxwall forum and got no reply back

Ty jan x x x

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi, it does not work because of the exception at line 17 of your log:

OW Debug - Exception
File:   /home/jktempla/public_html/fabcouples/ow_core/plugin_manager.php
Line: 86

If you go to this specific file, you find:

public function getPlugin( $key )
{
    if ( !array_key_exists(mb_strtolower(trim($key)), $this->activePlugins) )
    {
        throw new InvalidArgumentException("There is no active plugin with key `" . $key . "`");
    }

return $this->activePlugins[mb_strtolower(trim($key))];
}

The array $this->activePlugins is generated by an instance of the BOL_PluginService class which in practice query Oxwall's server in search of the plugins (for update operations). So when you rename a plugin, you get the above exception. Have you tried to apply the code without any changes / renames?

yes ive done that and the plugin works as the orginal plugin before name change

But after name change got the errors

so what am i to do to make this work hun

so what am i to do to make this work hun

I'm afraid you cannot do much with it. Maybe by rewriting the urls through .htaccess. Not tested.

The problem is given by the plugin key which needs to be unique and registered to the Oxwall store. Otherwise you have to rewrite some of their core methods to skip the check, but I'm not sure this is allowed by their policy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.