Hi guys,
I am implementing a website using jsp.
And I am using <input type="file"> to read files from user. I want to use the same name attribute to get an array of fileproperty, but it doesn't work.
Does anybody how can I do this correctly?

Each part may be encoded and the "Content-Transfer-Encoding" header supplied if the value of that part does not conform to the default (7BIT) encoding (see [RFC2045], section 6)

If the contents of a file are submitted with a form, the file input should be identified by the appropriate content type (e.g., "application/octet-stream"). If multiple files are to be returned as the result of a single form entry, they should be returned as "multipart/mixed" embedded within the "multipart/form-data".

The user agent should attempt to supply a file name for each submitted file. The file name may be specified with the "filename" parameter of the 'Content-Disposition: form-data' header, or, in the case of multiple files, in a 'Content-Disposition: file' header of the subpart. If the file name of the client's operating system is not in US-ASCII, the file name might be approximated or encoded using the method of [RFC2045]. This is convenient for those cases where, for example, the uploaded files might contain references to each other (e.g., a TeX file and its ".sty" auxiliary style description).

The following example illustrates "multipart/form-data" encoding. Suppose we have the following form:

<FORM action="http://server.com/cgi/handle"
       enctype="multipart/form-data"
       method="post">
   <P>
   What is your name? <INPUT type="text" name="submit-name"><BR>
   What files are you sending? <INPUT type="file" name="files"><BR>
   <INPUT type="submit" value="Send"> <INPUT type="reset">
 </FORM>

check it here http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#form-data-set

I hope you are using correct encoding type.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.