.....Im falling victim to 2 babies who have nothing better to do than ABUSE THE REP SYSTEM.......

I did have 23 points until these 2 infants started thier games.......

I THINK THE REP SYSTEM SHOULD BE DISABLED........... (It was on another site im on when members started abusing it,they had me down to -50 points in 2 days))

The admin was very angry and disabled the whole thing.......

I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG HERE AND I DONT DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!

I hope this site is as good as the other site i am on AND WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE CHILDISH GAMES being played!!!!!!!!

Dave Sinkula commented: Rep is not meant to be taken seriously. -2
WaltP commented: But it's not to be abused, either. +11
Rashakil Fol commented: Cry like babby. -2

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Perhaps there is a reason that people are giving you bad rep? Have you ever thought of that? I mean, if people were giving you bad rep on the other site.. and people are now giving you bad rep here... it's only logical to assume that you are doing something wrong.

First of all, I guarantee that Dani will not disable the rep system just because you are complaining. Secondly, the rep system is not meant to be taken this seriously..

And finally, all the bad rep you got was deserved. I mean, all you ever do is post random links. If you want to do this, then I advise you to stay in the Geek's lounge. But once you go on to the more professional forums of Daniweb, it is expected that you behave differently.

commented: It was not deserved -- it is an attack -2
commented: Beeing one of the few missingusing rep system you have no much to say... +7

The way you're reacting to it right now seems to indicate that you're more of a "baby" than the members who are giving you the negative rep.

In any case, what you don't seem to realize is that firstly, rep is not meant to be taken seriously. It's designed to encourage members to help other people; it's not necessarily an accurate gauge of how helpful someone has been in the community. The second thing that you need to realize is that rep is very subjective. People give negative reputation when they deem a post "bad"; the administration and moderation teams can't just jump in and tell members what they can and cannot rep.

That said, reputation still falls under the rules of DaniWeb, and if reputation that you've received (whether positive or negative) violates the "Keep It Pleasant" rule or any other rule for that matter, the members giving the rep will be punished accordingly.

commented: Now this is a good post. +12

I didnt do anything here Joe or on the other site (They just did it cause they knew it made me mad)

Its uncalled for and this site was as good as that site is,the staff wont allow it to go on!!!!! (I know this site IS as good)

Well then, either post more professionally.. or keep to yourself in the geek's lounge.

Dude, have you ever considered blogging? It's well suited to posting links to other stuff.

Threads like this come to mind.

>Dude, have you ever considered blogging? It's well suited to posting links to other stuff.
But not DaniWeb blogs! DaniWeb blogs must contain real content. In short, they should be entries written by you that discuss some aspect of IT. Blogs that fail to meet these requirements will be deleted.

Of course, there's nothing stopping you from opening an account at a site like blogger.com, where you can post all the links that you want.

...And easily RSS them as a feed.

Ah man!!

I just want all the childish games to stop... THATS NOT WHAT THE REP SYSTEM IS FOR!

I dont like having RED DOTS cause it makes it look like i did something wroNG and i havent..... (Thats why i didnt like it on the other site either)

Ah well.......

commented: =D +4

If you've done something wrong (in that it violates the DaniWeb rules), the offending member will receive a warning/infraction. Reputation has nothing to do with whether you've done something "wrong" or not. It's merely a subjective rating system of what other members think of you.

Perhaps there is a reason that people are giving you bad rep? Have you ever thought of that? I mean, if people were giving you bad rep on the other site.. and people are now giving you bad rep here... it's only logical to assume that you are doing something wrong.

Yes he has. He feels they are playing childish games. And with the rep comments I've seen, he's right.

First of all, I guarantee that Dani will not disable the rep system just because you are complaining. Secondly, the rep system is not meant to be taken this seriously..

You are in no place to guarantee anything Dani might do. And the rep system is not meant to be abused, either.

And finally, all the bad rep you got was deserved.

Really? Does "Try praying, god might have pity on you and make the neg reps disappear." and "What's this? Ohh.. Ohh.. into negative rep you go!" for

Welcome to the site :)

is deserved? And since the second quote is yours, I want to know why that message deserved the rep you gave it? What a hypocrite you are!

And for another post letting members know of something they might find useful:
"Keeping up the pattern of red, sorry"
"dude... what's wrong with this dude?"
"Uhh.. there is free software out there that will encode DivX"
"Because I don't feel nice."

Childish bullys are picking on him, and I have lost respect for them.

Dani in fact should do something about this.

commented: I agree with you Walt. +23
commented: I agree with him too! :o +4

Well then, either post more professionally.. or keep to yourself in the geek's lounge.

Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? You seem to be acting quite below the professional level yourself, bucko. Don't give advice you aren't going to follow yourself.

The way you're reacting to it right now seems to indicate that you're more of a "baby" than the members who are giving you the negative rep.

Do some research before airing an incorrect analysis.

In any case, what you don't seem to realize is that firstly, rep is not meant to be taken seriously. It's designed to encourage members to help other people; it's not necessarily an accurate gauge of how helpful someone has been in the community.

And new members don't know this. I would have the same concern.

The second thing that you need to realize is that rep is very subjective. People give negative reputation when they deem a post "bad";

Again, research it. See my post above and tell me if bad rep was subjectively given.

commented: agreed on all points +3
commented: You are a fool, and I disagree. -2
commented: agreed. +7
commented: You are once again correct. I'm sorry, I should have researched this more. +13

Yes he has. He feels they are playing childish games. And with the rep comments I've seen, he's right.

Oh he's just being a big baby.

You are in no place to guarantee anything Dani might do. And the rep system is not meant to be abused, either.

I am free to believe as I wish. And I do not believe Dani will shut down the rep system.

Really? Does "Try praying, god might have pity on you and make the neg reps disappear." and "What's this? Ohh.. Ohh.. into negative rep you go!" for is deserved? And since the second quote is yours, I want to know why that message deserved the rep you gave it? What a hypocrite you are!

And for another post letting members know of something they might find useful:
"Keeping up the pattern of red, sorry"
"dude... what's wrong with this dude?"
"Uhh.. there is free software out there that will encode DivX"
"Because I don't feel nice."

Dani in fact should do something about this.

hahaa.. Those aren't all my reps. I never said all the rep I gave him was deserving.. but most of it was. Besides, it's just reputation! WaltP, you need to stop getting so emotional about petty matters.

commented: Oh come on Josh boy, stop trying to fight the entire world, it would be bad to see you banned from this site... +20

Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? You seem to be acting quite below the professional level yourself, bucko. Don't give advice you aren't going to follow yourself.

I don't know if you just can't read or what. I said to post professionally around the professional forums on daniweb. The Coffee house is not professional. People are free to do as they wish in there. However, when I do venture out into other parts of daniweb, all of my posts have been professional.

Next time learn to read. Thanks.

Besides, it's just reputation! WaltP, you need to stop getting so emotional about petty matters.

I'm not getting emotional. You and your friends are bullying a member. And you posted crap in this thread, I'm simply responding.

I don't know if you just can't read or what. I said to post professionally around the professional forums on daniweb. The Coffee house is not professional. People are free to do as they wish in there. However, when I do venture out into other parts of daniweb, all of my posts have been professional.

Next time learn to read. Thanks.

Excuse me? Since when is the Coffee House not professional? The Geek's Lounge is the non-professional forum. Here in feedback we conduct ourselves professionally. It's how we get information to Dani. It's not for your trying to justify petty vendettas.

I'm not getting emotional. You and your friends are bullying a member. And you posted crap in this thread, I'm simply responding.

I am bullying nobody. Giving pointless bad rep to people happens all the time. Don't believe me? Look at a few negative reps I've received:
"Hate the Fed, Mr. Ron Paul man! :p"
"awww... **** you josh"
"Is Sturm your boyfriend?" This one was from the dude

Am I advocating giving infractions to all these people, too? No, that would be silly. It's reputation! I couldn't care less.. You are making a big deal out of nothing.. And your poor victim 'the dude' did the EXACT same thing back to me. He gave me bad rep for no reason. Yet, I get the infraction... You are the one who is actually being unfair.

You and sturm are children OK???

You have been picking on me for awhile now and w/o cause!! (I felt the need to start returning your evil by giving a couple reps myself)

If you dont like me,BLOCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont make me look bad on here!!

commented: You should have brought this matter up earlier when this all started instead of getting your hands all dirty and joining the fight. +20
commented: :) +24
commented: I disagree. -1

And finally, all the bad rep you got was deserved. I mean, all you ever do is post random links. If you want to do this, then I advise you to stay in the Geek's lounge. But once you go on to the more professional forums of Daniweb, it is expected that you behave differently.

You been so lucky now, I was giving you bad reputation for this post but forgot to change to disaproval

PS: If this get into flame wars, post will be lock dude & josh namely

I've looked through your posts, The Dude, and determined that a certain measure of harassment through the reputation system has violated Keep It Pleasant. The parties involved have been dealt with accordingly.

If you could send me a list of the posts that have rep you feel was part of this attack, I'll see about getting the points and comments removed.

On a side note, if anybody feels any reputation has broken the rules, please report the post where the reputation was given, and make it clear that the reason the post was reported is due to rep[1]. That way the mods can make a decision quickly and nip things like this before they turn into a big deal.

[1] Otherwise we'll look at the post itself, which would be counter-productive.

Finally, this thread is getting a little hot and going nowhere, so I'm closing it.

commented: heh.. you're right, it was harassment. :P +12
commented: Wha...and what about our opinions? Drats! ;-) +20
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.