Look at the pic.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

yeah thats a known problem. Thats why the ad used to be above the nav in the old site. However the advertisers wanted it there, so theres not much we can do about it. Its only an intermittent bug (some ads are designed so they have a higher Z order to stop people hiding them)

A solution to flash overlaying everything else is to add the wmode=transparent to the params.

EDIT: Like this

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

wmode="transparent" goes inside the embed tag.

Also add 'wmode','transparent' to your AC_FL_RunContent.

Ads? Flash animations? Oh yeah... Firefox+NoScript+AdBlockPlus=solved problems :)

Firefox+NoScript+AdBlockPlus=solved problems

Yep thats what is working for me too.

But I have one observation, on my Windows machine I do not have any such problem, both in IE 8 beta as well as Firefox.

I encountered this problem only in my Firefox + OpenSuse combination (with Adblock Plus disabled of course). But then I also have the same problem with facebook too while playing the flash games, the menu tends to go behind the flash.

A solution to flash overlaying everything else is to add the wmode=transparent to the params.

EDIT: Like this

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

wmode="transparent" goes inside the embed tag.

Also add 'wmode','transparent' to your AC_FL_RunContent.

That would require me to have access to the code for the Flash object :)

Can you request such modification from the sponsor in question? After all, it does interfere with your website's functionality.

That would require me to have access to the code for the Flash object :)

You need access to the php file that loads the flash object. All the code I mentioned goes there.

I am keeping a list of all of the greedy ads that disrupt browsing. I then refuse to do business with those companies.

If they get really obnoxious, I email them, telling them that their tactics are turning me away from using their product. It worked with Iams. But DirectTV started spamming me instead.

I just added the one in the screenshot to my list.

Maybe I will whack them with VR's spatula.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.