good day,

i am using windows xp sp2 (home edition), i had this virus ntde1ect.com and a trojan (dont remember the name) they were detected and deleted by kaspersky antivirus...

after that whenever i tried to access my C drive by double clicking it, i got this "open with" menue, i googled this problem and it was resolved

now the problem i am having is that whenever i try to open any storage device (any type of flash memory) i get the same "open with" prompt
even if i try right clicking it and choosing open or explore, its the same story
i can only access it if i type the drive letter in address bar

nb: i showed hidden files and folders and system files and searched for autorun files and they didnt exist

i think it might be related to registry, cuz it was infected with ntde1ect.com and i had to manually delete them!!

any suggestions........

Hi,

Ususally after cleaning any virous that strikes registry or system files it is advised to reinstall windows to avoid any similar cases.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.